Friday, November 10, 2017

Back to Reality, Monday

Monday morning was back to reality around here. The kids had school, I had a hair appointment and tons of laundry, Tony went to work.

While Harper was eating breakfast his tooth came out. He was eating a bagel and suddenly realized his tooth was missing. We looked high and low but the tooth was never found; I guess he swallowed it. Not to worry though, we wrote the tooth fairy a little note about our incident and she was nice and left him a little money anyways. The way he says certain words now just cracks me up! He's got a little bit of a lisp sometimes depending on the word and it's just too cute.


"Mama, don't forget to get a picture of me too!" -Dakota


I made a hair appointment long before the wedding knowing that I was ready to go short again. I just don't look great with long hair, it gets straggly looking because it's so fine and I have zero desire to do anything with it. When I showed my hair stylist the cut I wanted she said "You've got to be kidding me! No way!" and I told her it's what I wanted and that was that. It's really not all that drastic for me, I've done short before so I wasn't worried at all. 



When the reception was over, right as I was getting ready to leave, the coordinator let me know that it was our job to pack everything up and take it home. I was under the impression that they would put it in the boxes and we'd just load it up, but that wasn't what happened. So, my family and I grabbed everything, put it in the boxes and hauled it out to the cars we'd driven in. My van, Tony's car and a good bit of my dad's truck were taken up getting it all out of there, but we managed. We put it all in the garage the night of the wedding but the next day I hauled it all into the dining area to sort through it. I knew there was trash and other crap Zoe and Brandon didn't need in there so I tried to put things together a bit nicer for them and so that it'd all fit in their car when they came up. The went to the Pocono's from Sat-Mon morning and then stopped by to get all their gifts and whatnot.







When I was out running that morning I couldn't help but admire how beautiful the trees were. I'm so lucky to live in a state where the trees turn these gorgeous colors!





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...