Sunday, November 19, 2017

Dakota Stays Home

When I got home Wednesday night Tony told me that Dakota had been sick earlier that evening with a fever. So, I knew she'd be staying home with me on Thursday. Harper got up and dressed and went to school as usual but Dakota slept and slept, it was 9:30 am when she finally got up. (I must have checked on her a half dozen times, she never sleeps that late!) She was running a low fever when she got up but after some medicine and Paw Patrol, she was ready to help me decorate the house for Christmas!


We didn't do a lot of decorating but she really wanted to hang the stockings so I let her have that job. The rest of the day was spent sitting at the table building Lego's and chatting. 


She seemed to be feeling better and didn't run a fever or need medicine again for the rest of the day but she did complain that her tummy hurt a bit so I didn't get too hopeful that she'd be going to school the next day. Its a good thing I didn't get too excited either because after an initial "I'm ready to go back to school" she started to complain of a tummy ache and it all went downhill from there. She ended up spending another day at home with me on Friday and another whole day sitting at the table building with Lego's. 


After getting sick twice that morning though, she was better. No more tummy ache, no fever, nothing. We played it safe and stayed in on Friday night, just in case, but we didn't need to. She felt great and was back to playing and fighting with Harper as usual. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...