Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Giving Thanks

Today was the kids' last day of school until after Thanksgiving break. I ran, then worked on the yard a bit before heading in to take a shower. I thought I'd do a little online shopping, maybe run to the store for the last few ingredients we need for Thursday, maybe even treat myself to a stroll around Michaels, but just as I was stepping into the shower my phone rang. It was the school calling to let me know that Dakota had hit her face on a bench that sits outside at the playground and that she had a huge goose egg. The county policy is that if a kid has a head injury they have to go home to be monitored by their parents, so I ended up showering and then heading straight to the school to pick her up.


Luckily Dakota's class had made all of their Thanksgiving day art before she got hurt so she brought all of her cute stuff home for me to see.




Harper also got off the bus with lots of Thanksgiving goodies:



I love this card! He wrote: 

Thank you mom for bringing me to life on August 12th and thank you for making me a part of a ice cream party. I love you so much. You are the best mom in the history of moms. With out you I would be dead. Happy Thanksgiving to mom and dad. Love Harper which had a ice cream party today. Did you have a great Thanksgiving? Sign here, yes or no. 


If I had a pet turkey... This is what my turkey would look like; this is a list of what I would feed my turkey 1) seeds 2) turkey (ummm) 3) popcorn 4) chicken (ummm); this is what my turkey and I would do together- play ball. He wrote: seeds in ball and hole's so turkey can eat seeds. :) 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...