Saturday, December 9, 2017

Girl AND Boy Scouts

So, as you know, Dakota has been doing scouts for a little while now but this week Harper went to his first boy scout meeting. I don't have much to say about his first scout meeting as I wasn't there but Tony said everything went just fine. They were practicing for caroling this coming week so it was a short and sweet meeting, about 30 minutes, long enough to run through their songs. They'll be singing this coming week at a retirement home and I'm hoping we'll all be able to go. While Tony and Harper were at their scout meeting, Dakota and I were not too far down the road at her scout meeting.

They began the meeting reading a book about a character named Lupe and what it meant to be honest and fair. They cut out gifts to place under two trees and had to decide how many each tree would get to be fair. There were a few other activities that tied into the honest and fair theme, but this was the one I helped with and was able to get a photo of.



The girls were able to earn another patch for their vest with the activities they did so now she has a petal that I need to iron on the front of her vest. 





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...