Saturday, December 9, 2017

Parent Teacher Conferences + Lunch

The kids were out of school yesterday because the school was having parent teacher conferences. I signed up to meet with both teachers and was glad when Tony decided to work from home so that I didn't have to take them both with me.

Mrs. Anderson had nothing but good things to say about Dakota. She said that she is a good friend to the other kids in the class and enjoys being helpful (almost to a fault at times!). She said she is at the level in reading that she should be and may even be a little above but she didn't have the chance to retest her before we spoke yesterday. Dakota seems to be on a path of success and I'm confident she'll continue to do well in her class.

Mrs. Pinckney also had nothing but the absolute nicest things to say about Harper. She said that she noticed that while she's teaching he's usually picking lint or strings out of the carpet and thinks he's not paying attention but has realized that he actually is. She said he always complete's his work on time and does a great job on his work. She was very complimentary in every way and I couldn't help but be very proud of him!

I didn't schedule conferences with Landon's teachers but I see his grades are pretty good for now and am not worried. Landon is doing his usual Landon thing and with only the rest of this year and next left, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

After the conferences I met up with Tony and the kids and we went to lunch at the Red Parrot where I told them all about all the wonderful things their teachers said.









No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...