Thursday, December 21, 2017

Making a Gingerbread Village


 Last Saturday our elf brought the kids a little gingerbread village to decorate. I was so ready for this little activity and had my glue gun all hot and ready to get those houses together but then as I went to break the pieces apart, several of them broke in half. Not just edges either, but like right down the middle. So annoying. I wasn't too upset when it happened to the first one but as the second and third pieces cracked in half I started to get pissed. I was getting cranky but ended up just sucking it up and hot gluing all the broken pieces together the best I could and we made it work. The houses were a bit funky, but the kids couldn't have cared less. They just wanted to decorate and eat candy...



Their little houses turned out cute despite the broken pieces and my grumpiness about them all breaking. They love squeezing icing all over the place and using all the little candies to decorate (and eat). 

When we'd finished with our little houses I made a run up to the Arundel High School craft fair while the kids hung out at home with Tony and when I got back we all went to the mall to look around for a bit. I can't remember now what we were there for but we had lunch, got whatever we were there for and then walked around in the madness before we decided it'd be best to get out of those crazy crowds. I did grab a picture of the kids in front of the gigantic poinsettia tree though. :)


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...