Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Helpful Second Grader


I am so proud of this little boy. He comes home every day from school, pulls out his homework and gets to work. I never have to ask him or remind him and he happily completes it before asking to do anything else. He's doing a terrific job in school and he's recently been moved up a level in reading. He goes to Chessie club (a reading incentive program) faithfully twice a week and reads the books he brings home without being asked; he was moved up from Beginner 2 to Junior level. For a seven year old he's pretty responsible as well as reliable and helpful.

Just this morning I was in the kitchen putting Dakota's hair up for school when I heard the washer finish. I was thinking that I'd need to run up and put the clothes in the dryer before we headed to the bus but then decided to ask Harper if he'd put the stuff in the dryer for me since time was short. (He's helped me with laundry before so he was familiar with what to do.) I yelled up the stairs to him to please put the stuff in the dryer and he told me he was already doing it. He'd already taken the stuff from the dryer out and put it in the basket and was loading the wet towels into the dryer! I asked if he'd remembered the dryer sheet and he said "yup"! I was really surprised and super proud of him to be that helpful without being asked. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...