Thursday, December 14, 2017

Baking with Zoe

Sunday morning I got up and drove out to help Zoe bake cookies. We always bake a little bit during the holiday's and this year she wanted to bake some goodies for co-workers and asked if I'd come give her a hand.


I got over there just before 11 am and found that she'd gone out to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and picked me up a hot chocolate as well. (So sweet!) She had what we needed to make a batch of Snickerdoodles, Christmas Crack and Hot Cocoa Peppermint Cookies. We started with the Snickerdoodles but our first batch didn't turn out so well. The last thing you do with the cookies before baking is roll them in a cinnamon sugar coating but I accidentally mistook salt for sugar and our cookies were a salty disgusting mess! It was an innocent mistake since I've never baked in Zoe's kitchen and am unfamiliar with her stuff but it did mean we had to make a trip to the store. Oops!


We went to Giant and got what we needed and then went back to her house to start again. I was much more careful the second go round and the cookies came out perfectly. :) We made the hot cocoa peppermint cookies next but when the cookies came out of the oven Zoe said they looked and tasted different than the last time she'd made them...and then she realized she'd forgotten to add the peppermint! Ha! We were really on a roll with the mistakes! The Christmas crack was last and even though I had to leave before it was completely finished I'm 95% certain there weren't any mistakes with those.

While cookies were in the oven we talked and I filled out Christmas cards I'd brought along. I also spent a good amount of time playing with my grand kitties and thought Vader was just adorable resting in the basket of napkins!


We plan to do some more baking this Sunday here at our house which reminds me that I need to get a list together and get to the grocery store before then!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...