Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Girl Scout Encampment: Mystical Trip Around the World





Tony and Harper weren't the only one's at camp this weekend as Dakota's daisy troop was also out camping. Theirs was just for the day, but it was a LONG day! I wasn't chosen as one of the mom's to attend (we have a huge troop and there just wasn't enough room for everyone) so I had to drop Dakota off at the campsite at 8:30 am and wouldn't be back to pick her up until 7:30 that evening which is the longest she's been away from me in a VERY long time. I was very worried how she'd do at drop off but she surprised me and did great! She was a little nervous and must have given me a dozen kisses and hugs but I was able to walk away without her bursting into tears and chasing me which was awesome.

This is a photo one of the leaders sent me to put my mind at ease:


We were supposed to pick up our girl between 7:30 and 8:30 that evening and I was the first to get there. I knew she'd be really tired after spending so many hours outside plus parking was near non existent and I wanted to be able to find a parking spot. I parked without a problem and had to ask directions to find their camping spot.


When I found them they were just getting started making s'mores. When i walked over Dakota was super excited to see me but she wasn't ready to leave because she hadn't eaten her s'more yet! The leaders all told me how wonderfully she'd done all day and said she hadn't asked about going home until about 6:30 pm when she said she missed her mom. ❤

She had her s'more and helped me make one for myself as well. While I ate my s'more she played Frisbee with a friend and then the girls had a little dance party.



Also, before we left, Dakota showed me the cool sink that her leaders husband made for them:


I could not believe the amount of dirt that came off that little girl that night! If the amount of dirt that came off of her was directly related to the amount of fun she had then I'd say she had a blast!









No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...