Saturday, April 14, 2018

Grease 40th Anniversary

Tony and Landon went to see Black Panther about 3 or so weeks ago and while they were there Tony saw that the theater was going to be showing Grease for a few days to celebrate the movies 40th anniversary. He knows that I love Grease, so he decided to surprise me with tickets to go see it. I am definitely not a movie lover but I love musicals and I used to watch Grease over and over again as a teenager, so I was excited to get to see it in the theater.


Our theaters now have the nice recliner seats and when you pay you get to also choose your spot. (I'm pretty sure it's been like that for awhile but I just don't ever go to the movies so it was new to me!) Tony got great seats but I don't know that you can get bad seats with the way the seating is designed now.  I mean, there is a lot more room and there just isn't an issue of people's heads being in the way because of the way you're seated. I love that each seat has a small attached table that pulls in front; so nice for when you have kids trying to eat candy/popcorn and they aren't able to hold it well in their lap. The seats were very comfortable and while they didn't recline as far as our recliners at home do, they did just enough so you weren't sitting bolt upright.


When I told my sister we were going to see Grease she said it'd be really cool because only people who already loved it would be there, and she was right! There was a woman wearing a Pink Lady jacket and I overheard people talking about how much better Grease was compared to Grease 2. (Not even a comparison in my opinion.) 

I don't know how many times I've seen Grease but I think I catch something new every time I watch it. I knew it was a silly movie with really silly stuff going on all the time but I'd forgotten how absolutely corny some of it was. Some of the "slang" they use is just hilarious! I can still remember every lyric to every song though and a good bit of the lines throughout the movie. 


It was a good time and I'm really happy we got to go. The next thing would be to see it live on stage...maybe someday!


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...