Saturday, June 16, 2018

"Try It Night"

Every once in awhile I pick up a bag of new candies I come across and once I've amassed a few we have "try it" night after dinner. The kids have been asking to try some new stuff so I gathered up what I'd been collecting and we had 7 things to taste.

We had Moon Cheese and an Astronaut Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich that I picked up at the Air and Space Museum earlier in the day as well as a Supreme Coconut Bar, Nik L Nip's, a Chick O Stick, Stroopwaffles and a bag of Razzles.


We started with the Moon Cheese and while we didn't find them disgusting I'll bet I end up throwing the rest of them away because they're just...strange.


Harper chose the next thing to try and he picked the Nik L Nip Mini Drinks. We all thought these were okay and I thought they tasted like unfrozen popsicle juice. It even made me cough like those stupid popsicles do! Harper tried the blue, Dakota picked red, I had green and Tony had orange. We saved the yellow for Landon. (Tony and Landon had had this before so it wasn't new for them.)


Dakota wanted to try the Supreme Coconut Bar (I didn't mention the name of the bar when I showed them because I knew if I said coconut they wouldn't taste it.) next. It was by far the grossest thing we ate tonight. It's basically coconut in three colors. The "three flavors" should say "three colors". Ew. The kids weren't really loving what they were eating but didn't find it nearly as gross as they did after I told them it was coconut! After that they were totally grossed out by it! And, it was just a coincidence that I got pictures of them looking exactly the same!




Our next try was the Chick O Stick. It mostly tasted like peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter, so it was kind of weird to eat but not gross.


Stroopwafles were up next. They are very thin wafers with caramel, vanilla and cinnamon inside. If I drank coffee I'd want one of these little things to go with it. They were tasty but I imagine they'd be much better if they were slightly warm. 



Next to last was the astronaut ice cream sandwich. We couldn't get over how it looked EXACTLY like an ice cream sandwich sans the liquid. I was really nervous about trying it because it was light as a feather and what the heck is freeze dried ice cream anyways?! But, we were all surprised at how not disgusting it was. It tasted very close to what an ice cream sandwich would but it was warm and not creamy at all so that was weird.  



We saved the Razzles for last because of the gum factor. They start like candy and end as gum which is kind of fun. They tasted pretty good and I imagine I'll be asked for these again. 


So, that was it for "try it" night, June 16th edition! I'll be on the lookout for new things to try another night!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...