Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Father's Day at Six Flags America

We were up and out of the house bright and early Sunday morning for Father's day. Tony wanted to go to the Six Flags water park but also dinner later in the afternoon so we got there right when they opened at 10:30 am. The water park doesn't open until 11 am so we walked over to the Wild One because Landon and Harper both wanted to ride it. Dakota wanted to ride it also but was just a bit too short...hopefully next summer she'll be tall enough.

After that we walked back over to the water park which was open and Harper and Landon rode Halfpipe. It was Harper's first time on and I believe Landon's second. The first time Landon rode was with Tony and I'm pretty sure they both ended up falling out.



The next slide they rode together was Shark Attack Hammerhead/Mako. In the video you'll see Harper come down first on the left and then Landon a few seconds later on the right.




Poor Dakota wasn't tall enough to ride any of the slides with the boys so she headed to the wave pool with Tony while I waited for the boys to get done on the slides. 



Around 11:30 we grabbed a pizza and some drinks for lunch. We found a spot in the shade and took a rest before heading out again.


Then we went to the pool where the little kid slides were so that Dakota could have a chance to slide a little. 



I love the next picture because both Landon and Tony are smiling REAL smiles. But, the reason they're smiling is because Dakota had made a friend in the pool and when I called her over to get in the picture the little girl followed her over. I explained to the little girl that I was trying to get a family photo thinking she'd move out of the way but instead she just kept trying to get closer to Dakota which made us all laugh! When she was just out of the photo frame I snapped the picture real fast! 



Dakota was really happy playing in the shallow pool with her friend so Tony, Harper and Landon went to ride some slides while she was busy. When we met up again the kids were all ready to get going so we decided to call it a day. On the way out Tony wanted to ride Bonzai Pipelines and since it was Father's Day, we let him while we all waited at the bottom.




I couldn't believe how packed the park was as we were leaving. I don't know if I've ever been there when it was that busy and honestly I hope I am never there again when it's that way. It was a great way to spend the early afternoon and we were all pooped when we got home. We had about 2 hours to rest and shower before we headed out to dinner. Zoe and Brandon got to the house around 3 and we had planned to go to Mike's Crabhouse for dinner but when we got there at 4:15 pm there was already a  three hour wait. (We went that early hoping to beat the rush but as you can see, that didn't work.) An hour was doable but three hours seemed insane so we drove up the road to Gordon Biersch instead. (A huge letdown when I thought we'd be getting crab dip.) We were able to get seating right away and Tony ordered himself a flight of beer. 


We all enjoyed our food and then headed to Kilwins for dessert. I think it was a pretty good fathers day and we all had a nice day together. 










No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...