Friday, July 6, 2018

Fun Friday Afternoon

We have been so busy the past few weeks that today seemed like a good day to stay at home. Of course we weren't here all day (swim lessons, dinner & last minute vacation shopping) but a huge chunk of the afternoon was spent in the calm of the kitchen and dining room.

Harper wanted to try out some science experiments from a kit we have while Dakota wanted to try out a new pom pom maker toy she got for her birthday. It's kind of great that they are both so competent and can do a lot of the stuff on their own! I was available to help and did spend a lot of time going back and forth helping them out but it was great for them to read directions and do their best without me. 



Harper made "magic ooze" and when I decided to make this little video of it he could hardly answer my questions because he was so engaged with playing with it! He stood there playing with that stuff for a good 10 minutes before cleaning up and moving on to the next thing.


While he was sciencing Dakota was figuring out this pom pom maker she got for her birthday.



She made this really cute little key chain which is now dangling from her purse strap.


She also made this banner which is hanging from her bedroom door knob.


She made a bunch of pom pom flowers and wasn't sure what to do with them so I gave her a blank canvas which she painted and then adhered the flowers. I don't have a photo of the finished product but you can take my word that it turned out very cute!






No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...