Tuesday, July 10, 2018

NinjaBE for Landon's 17th

Since Landon's birthday falls on a Tuesday this year we decided to go out and do something fun with him on Sunday since he'd be off work. It's always tricky finding things we can all do as a family since the kids' ages are so far apart but we'd been thinking of trying NinjaBE and I thought Landon's birthday was a good enough reason to finally do it.

We went to lunch at Noodles and Company, one of Landon's favorites and then headed over to do some ninja training. For the five of us to use the facility for 90 minutes plus buy a pair of their (mandatory) socks it cost about $135.00, which isn't too bad when weighing the cost of a full on birthday party.

Our time was from 1:30 to 3 pm and it went by pretty quickly because there was a lot to do. I didn't end up trying anything because every station warned against trying it if you'd had a neck or spine injury. None of it seemed worth the risk of hurting my neck again so I just watched. (I just wish I'd have known that going in so I could have saved myself the money.)

The first stop was at the mechanical bulls:



Tony and Landon tried the thing in the next video several times throughout the time we were there but they never could do it. 


Tony, Landon and Harper were all able to get to the top of these vertical walls and Dakota tried several times. She just needs a little more speed. Unfortunately I missed the one time Harper made it to the top and he was too tired to make it again. 



I don't know what you call this but it was kind of funny to watch everyone try it!


This was the Shinobi zone and all four of them spent a long time here. 


This was also fun to watch because the conveyor belts were working against them as they raced to the top and then down the slides. I couldn't ever really tell who won but I think it was Landon and Harper.













No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...