Friday, July 13, 2018

Celebrating Landon's 17th

July 10th marked Landon's 17th birthday. Why is it that 16 still sounds like a "kid" age while 17 seems so adult-ish?

Since we celebrated over the weekend with a trip to NinjaBe, his birthday was pretty low key. He got to sleep in (his most favorite thing in the world) and when he got up I gave him the gifts people had sent. He got some money and gift cards mostly, stuff people his age need and appreciate. The wood sunglasses were from Brandon, and he loves those.



That evening we let him choose a place to go to dinner and he picked The Olive Garden, one of his all time favorites. Mema met us there so she could give him his gift and we made sure to have the wait staff sing Happy Birthday to him despite his protests. I mean, if you go out to dinner on your birthday there really should be singing even if we are all way too full for dessert. 




When we got home and our food had settled a bit we baked some cinnamon rolls (something he loves), lit some candles and sang one more time for him. 


I sure love this kid. Happy 17th to my first son. 💓

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...