Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Gymnastics, Week 2

We've got another week of gymnastics behind us already. When I reminded the kids on Monday that we'd be going to gymnastics that evening Harper acted surprised and wondered aloud why he was going again. I reassured him that it would be very similar to what he'd done the week before and while I prepared for an argument he surprised me with a positive attitude. (phew)

There are only 6 boys in his class so it's nice and small. I don't know why he tells me he doesn't like it because the whole time he's out there he's smiling and laughing and having a great time. He's one of the youngest/smallest in his class but he does his best and is definitely learning. He's funny too because every time he catches my eye he gives me a thumbs up or an OK sign and a smile. If he happens to walk in front of the plexi glass in which I'm sitting behind he waves and smiles every single time.


Dakota's class this week did an evaluation of their skills. According to what the teacher wrote for her, she's still in the right class. She's made some improvements but it's still relatively new so she's good in this beginners group. I have no idea why her class did an evaluation and Harper's didn't but I guess they probably know what they're doing. :) 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...