Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Gymnastics


Dakota enjoyed gymnastics quite a bit this past summer and asked if she could keep going for the fall. I knew she'd be doing dance on Tuesday nights already but since they kind of go hand in hand I didn't think doing both would be such a bad idea. So, I went ahead and signed her up. 

While watching Dakota at gymnastics I noticed an all boys class and immediately thought about signing Harper up. After a lot of thought I went ahead and signed him up too. He hasn't ever enjoyed any of the team sports we've put him in (soccer, t-ball) but I thought he might like this since it's more individual. He wasn't excited about going but I told him they basically did an obstacle course for an hour and that idea did appeal to him as he loves that type of challenge. 

Dakota felt right at home as we went in despite being with a whole new group of kids and funnily, Harper seemed eager to get in there too. They both followed the teachers over to start warming up and both seemed to really enjoy their hour on the floor. 

When we left I asked them to give me a rating 1-10 of how much they did or didn't like it. Dakota said she loved it and gave it a 10 while Harper said it was just OK and gave it a 5. I'm hoping that by the end of the nine week session he'll give it a few more points! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...