Saturday, November 3, 2018

Great Frog Winery

Last night I went out with my friend Lisa and a few other moms I know from Harper's preschool days. Admittedly, the only way I've really talked to the other three mom's that went was through Facebook, but it's enough to have a good idea of what they've been up to.


I drove to Lisa's and rode with her into Annapolis. We were the first two to get there around 5 pm. We went in and looked over the winery menu and ordered our first glass while we were waiting on the others to show up.


I had no idea what to order but I liked the name "Cold Blooded" so I went with it while Lisa decided to try the Vintner's White. The weather was chilly and overcast but we decided to sit outside until the others arrived and after about 10 minutes they began trickling in.



Kristen showed up with baby Tessa, then Ronni a few minutes later followed by Ashley at about 6 or so. I ended up finishing my first glass (not too bad, but not something I'd drink regularly) and ordered a second of the Tanyard. Everyone had ordered something different so we taste tested all of them and the table favorite was definitely the Tanyard. That one I might order again if given the chance.


There was supposed to be a food truck that night but when one never came we quickly jumped on our phones to see what was nearby. We decided to hit up the Iron Rooster downtown. Luckily there was plenty of seating when we got there and we didn't have to wait. We had dinner and talked for hours only leaving when Kristen decided she needed to get the baby home and into bed, around 9:45 or so. 


The drive back to Lisa's was in torrential rain so it took awhile longer than it normally would but the rain was absolutely blinding! I always take back roads from her house to mine and I had to go super slow because of the massive puddles and downed branches in the area. I'm normally just fine driving in rain but there was so much leaf debris and standing water on the roads it was hard to see the lines at times!

I made it home just before 11 pm and boy was I tired! It was definitely a fun night and nice to chat with some people I hadn't seen in years! Hopefully we'll get the chance to hang out again sometime soon!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...