Sunday, November 4, 2018

A Nightmare Before Christmas at the BSO

Whenever I see an event that I think might be even remotely fun to do on Facebook I always click the "interested" button so that things of the same nature will continue to show up. About a month or two ago I saw that the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra was going to host a movie night where they show a movie while the orchestra plays the music from the film. This month they showed The Nightmare Before Christmas, one of Harper's favorites, so I thought it'd be a fun family activity. There weren't many showings but a 3 o'clock on a Saturday was a perfect time so we snatched up some tickets. Mema thought it might be something fun to do too, so she went with us as well. 

After we'd already bought tickets I showed Harper the event ad on Facebook and he said "Oh, can you please buy tickets for that"? and I was happy that I'd made the right decision on this one!


I knew this activity was really something Harper would like and also knew that it'd be tough for Dakota to sit through since she always has trouble sitting through movies. I had hoped that they'd allow popcorn and drinks into the theater while the movie played and luckily, they did. Food always helps keep her seat planted and she did fairly well for the fairly short 1 hour and 16 minute long movie. As we left she said she'd enjoyed the movie, so there's that.




I had never seen the whole movie (not a movie watcher) just snippets but I too enjoyed it. I love the wacky animation of the characters and I've always been a fan of musicals so that worked in my favor as well. I would definitely consider doing something like this again as it was a unique experience. 

And, while I wouldn't want to go to the orchestra to just watch them play, I have mad respect for their craft. It is cool to watch them all move so seamlessly as one and the music they make is incredible. (Just boring to watch, in my opinion.) 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...