Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year, 2019

It's hard to believe all that Christmas and New Years hubbub is over. It comes at break neck speed and then poof, it's over. 



Today was the kids last day off before school so we tried to make it a fun one for them. We went out to lunch, looked for a birthday gift for their cousin's birthday this coming weekend and then we went roller skating. They both mentioned wanting to skate just recently and since we didn't have much else to do today, it felt like a good time to go. I haven't skated in so, so long but today thought I'd get my butt out there with them. It made Dakota really happy that I was out there, so it was worth it! (It took me a few laps to get comfortable on the floor but I sure don't remember it killing my shins like it did!)

"Mom, wait here of us and take some video. We're gonna dab!" 


We ended up only skating for about an hour and man that place was PACKED when we left!


Once we got home we all just relaxed. It was a nice enough way to start the year. I'm eager to see what the year holds; hopefully mostly good things. We've got a busy month ahead and I know it'll seem to be over in a blink. As we put the kids to bed this evening we took some fun pics on Snapchat. Happy New Year! 




















No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...