Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Years Eve

Yep, I just gave up on the whole blogging thing last month. I just couldn't find the time or the energy and even though I know I'll regret it, I just had to let it slip in order to fulfill the millions of other obligations I had going on.

We actually had New Years Eve plans this year but they kind of fell apart at the last minute. Tony, the two youngest kids and were going to a family party from 6-10 pm (all parents of young-ish kids who know staying up that late is punishment for everyone) and Landon was supposed to go out with some friends. But, Landon's plans didn't work out and though he was welcome to come with us, he declined (the second oldest kid at our party would have been 10 and everyone else was mid 30's and beyond) and I knew then that we wouldn't be going anywhere either. One thing you can count on with this family is that we ALWAYS stick together. Always.

So, we stayed home and had homemade pizza and martini's (for the adults) and Shirley Temples (for the kids). And, Harper chose chocolate milkshakes for dessert. The kids went to bed slightly past their regular bedtime of 8 pm and couldn't have cared less.

It wasn't much, but it worked just fine for us.





Tony wanted a green screen to use with our Oculus  and I got him one for Christmas. But, we thought it might be fun to take some pictures in front of it for NYE...so, we did. It was getting a little late so instead of pulling out the big camera and the tripod I just propped up my phone and we went with it. So, the photo's could have been much better had we taken the time, but it was a fun little experiment.

So, here we are in front of the screen:


And, here's the edit:


It might have been a little more believable if we'd have been dressed for winter and the street was MUCH fuller considering NYE in NYC brings people out in droves, but, it was enough to fool a couple of people on Facebook! Haha! 

Here's another in front of the screen:


And, here's Landon in NYC:


Of course, since the screen was up and we had the camera out, there was lots of silly stuff:




















No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...