Sunday, January 6, 2019

Iron Rooster with Landon

A while back I went out with a few moms for a couple of hours. We started off at a vineyard but when the food truck never arrived we decided to head over to the Iron Rooster for some dinner. I'd only been to the Iron Rooster once before then and hadn't realized that their big thing was their homemade pop tarts. After someone in our group ordered the mixed berry pop tart and I had a taste I immediately thought of Landon and knew I had to bring him there sometime.

Since my New Years resolution is to spend at least one hour of one on one time with each family member per month, I knew this would work well for my time with Landon. I asked him for his work schedule and when I saw that his only day off last week was Wednesday, we decided that'd be the best day to go. No sense waiting!

As soon as he got home from school we hopped in the van and headed to Annapolis. I didn't tell him where we were going only that it was food related and not to stop for lunch somewhere between school and home as he often does. We got to the restaurant just after noon and I was surprised how busy it was for a weekday afternoon. But, we got a table right away and I was excited to point out their homemade pop tarts! The menu only states that they have pop tarts but you have to ask your waitress the flavors and I was a little nervous they wouldn't have his favorite, but they did, so we ordered one to share. I remembered it being quite large and I'm glad I did because even between the two of us we couldn't finish it!



He and I both thought the pop tart was really good and I was glad that I'd finally managed to get him there to try it. Even though it was well into lunch time we both ended up ordering breakfast for our regular meal. He grabbed an omelet while I chose a basic egg and bacon plate. 


It was a great way to spend our hour together and it was nice to focus my attention on him for a bit. We didn't talk about anything major or have any revelations or anything but we did (mostly) refrain from looking at our phones and chat, which is as much as I can expect or ask for. 

So, one person down, 3 (maybe 4) to go! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...