Sunday, January 6, 2019

Nail Painting with Dakota

Yesterday morning Tony and Harper had to attend a Boy Scout function which left Dakota and I home together. So, making good use of time (and making good on my New Year resolution), I told her we'd spend an hour together doing whatever she wanted. She'd been asking me to paint her nails for a couple of days and immediately thought of it when I asked her what she wanted to do.

She got a nice new nail kit from her cousin Lea for Christmas so we set up our little nail shop and got to work. She asked me to teach her what all the tools were that came with the kit so we did that first. Then, she chose the colors she wanted me to use and I got to work cleaning up her nails before painting.


She wanted purple and pink nails on one hand and green and blue on the other. There were some tiny stickers to add but she chose glitter instead. Wouldn't you know I totally forgot to get any pictures of her nails when we were done! Oops! I think her favorite part of the whole thing was probably using the little nail dryer. I guess that made it seem more like a real spa.


It didn't quite take an hour to just do nails so I pulled out some hair chalk she'd gotten for Christmas and we tried it out too. It was really easy to use and left soft pink stripes of color in her hair which she really liked. 


It was just a few minutes after we finished that Tony and Harper got home and our hour was up. I enjoyed spending our time together and I know she loved having me paint her nails and hair!



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...