Monday, March 31, 2008

3-31-08

Where has this month gone already? Geesh...time sure does seem to be flying by. Our weekend was super busy with sports. Saturday afternoon Landon had baseball practice and while Tony stayed with him for that, Zoe and I "played" tennis, although what we were doing hardly looked like playing tennis. It looked more like 2 people chasing tennis balls around a huge court. We had fun though. After Landon's practice I took Landon to the dirt bike park and he rode his bike up and down the hills...he LOVED it! It was scary to watch him and some of the hills were way too big for him to get up and he kept crashing, but did that stop him? No. He just kept getting back on his bike and kept trying. Then the kids and I thought we would try to fly our kite. I had no idea that there was an actual skill needed to fly a kite. We never did get that damn thing up in the air, but I am determined to learn how to fly a kite and we will be trying again as soon as we get the chance!

On Sunday Zoe had a game in Mount Airy, (if I could live anywhere in Maryland, I think I would choose Mt. Airy, it is so beautiful there!) so we had a 45 min. drive to get there and boy was it cold. Landon brought his bike and had a blast riding around on all the hills...again scaring the crap out of me. He didn't realize that when he was going down a steep hill that he didn't need to pedal. I had to explain to him that when he was FLYING down a steep hill he could just let the hill do the work. I thought for sure I was going to have to call 911. Did he think anything of it? No.

Landon and I were able to pull the car up in front of the soccer field in order field to watch Zoe's game. It wasn't one of their better games, and they lost 5-0. I am really hoping these girls get it together, or it is going to be one long, depressing season. The girls didn't play badly though, the other team was just really doing well. This weekend Zoe doesn't have a game but the weekend after that we have a game on Sat. and Sun and Landon has his first b-ball game. Busy, Busy, Busy!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...