Friday, March 21, 2008

Quartermania

I went to Quartermania last night and it was really interesting! You buy a paddle at the door ($3.00) with a number on it and then they add that number to the basket. You then get your quarters out and start playing. There were several vendors available such as: Arbonne, Tastefully Simple, TLC, CTMH, Pampered Chef...and each vendor would put up and item with a bid of 1, 2, 3 or 4 quarters and if you wanted the product you put your quarters in and held up your paddle...if your number was called you won. I bid on $10.00 worth of stuff and didn't win a thing! I can see how this could be really addiciting, or really dissappointing! I think the odds may be better in Vegas! I saw a few people I knew from scrapping so that was fun, and the things up for bid were really nice. There were (fake) Coach, Prada and Kate Spade bags up for auction for 50cents! Thats a pretty good deal! They are going to start doing this every 3rd Thursday of the month, so I guess I better start saving my quarters!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...