Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ginger


It is oddly appropriate that today's bbc post is supposed to be about animals.

I had to take my dog Ginger to the vet this afternoon because we noticed that she was bleeding a little while urinating. So, I brought her in tonight and we found out that she has a kidney stone. Unfortunatly it looks like she will have to have surgery to remove it. She is only 7 years old, so she is still young and in very good health overall. The surgery is going to be quite expensive; the vet guesstimated somewhere in the $1500-$1800 ball park, not good. We wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by the expense if they would allow us to make payments towards the total.

For those of you who don't already know, we had to put our cat down a couple months ago because he was old and sick. Our cat, Zeno, was 13 and had a thyroid problem as well as a few other things going on, and we were told that surgery probably wouldn't be a fix all for him. In the end we had to have him put down. It was really sad for all of us, we had him for so long.

Hopefully this surgery for Ginger will be the end to her problems. I hate to think that she is in pain, so I just want to get it over with. I will probably go ahead and make her appointment tomorrow, and we'll just have to figure it out.

8 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Awww sorry to hear Ginger has had to go through so much with this kidney stone. Yikes that is a bit expensive for the surgery! Hope does well with the surgery and is feeling better soon.

Ellie said...

Poor Ginger I hope all goes well. Why does everything have to be so expensive, it's unbelievable.

Margy said...

Wow, I cannot believe that they will not let you make payments! As tight as money seems to be getting these days, you would think more places would be understanding. She is a cutie pie, and I am sorry you had to put your cat down.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ginger! I'm glad you figured this out so fast, though; kidney stones are rough. I hope she's feeling better soon.

TanishaRenee said...

awww poor thing, such a cutie!

Marsha said...

Poor Ginger. I wish we could get health insurance for our pets

Helena said...

OOH I am sorry to hear about Ginger! Do you have pet insurance?

Anonymous said...

Ginger is adorable!
I hope she makes out ok with her surgery.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...