Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pink Playdough Valentines

IMG_3120Tonight we finally made time to get Landon's Valentine's Day stuff together. Good thing considering tomorrow is the party! A few weeks ago Landon and I were brainstorming ideas for little Valentines gifts and we finally settled on pink play dough with little heart shaped cookie cutters. IMG_3112 The recipe for the dough was one I had from when I worked in daycare. It's a really easy, no cook recipe that kids practically do themselves. The only part I wouldn't let him do alone was boiling the water and working the initial color into the dough. Food coloring is just way too messy.  Zoe ended up getting in on some of the fun too, and she even thought about making a batch for her friends (yes, she's 14) but we were out of salt, so it didn't work out. I also picked up some Transformers Valentines cards and Landon filled them out and then we just tied the cookie cutter to the bag and stapled on the card...  

When I originally posted this I forgot to post that this idea came from a fellow blogger!!! I like to give credit where credit is due, so please go here to see where I get some great inspiration! Sorry Amanda!

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

What a great idea! I used to get lots of my Valentine's ideas from Family Fun Magazine. One of my faves was a search word puzzle of my boys' classmates names and the teachers name. I did it in Excel if I remember correctly. Tell Landon great job on making play doh!

ValAnn said...

That is a fantastic idea! I bet the kids loved them!

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing for Sam's class at Christmas time. It's the best favor, hands down!!!!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...