Sunday, February 28, 2010

Babysitting and a Birthday

Today is my brother-in-law’s 4oth birthday. Since he and his wife just had their baby in January, I offered to watch their daughter while they went out to dinner.

The kids and I have been looking forward to seeing Lea so we were all happy to see her this afternoon! She sure has grown, but she’s still just a tiny little thing. They said at her last appt. she was about 10 pounds, and I’m guessing she probably doesn’t weigh much over 11 pounds or so now. She’ll be 2 months on the 6 of March.

Here’s a couple pic’s I got of her today:

IMG_9388

This was when she first got to the house. She was just waking up from her nap.

IMG_9391

I think this picture is so cute! She had just woken up and had a big yawn…this was the very end of that yawn! LOL!

IMG_9397

And, Landon just HAD to have a turn holding her. He was much more confident about it this time than last. He was pretty fascinated by her the whole time she was here.

He is very curious about her and can’t wait until we have our new baby here. He said a few funny things tonight though…he just doesn’t know the baby care lingo yet!

For instance, when Tony was giving her a bottle right before we brought her home, Landon asked if he could milk her! We all about died laughing!

He was also asking me about when Mom’s nurse their babies. He said “When the mom nurses the baby does it come out in a powder or is it already made?” Hee hee! I thought that was so cute! I explained that it wasn’t powdery but “already made”, but I could tell by the look on his face that he just couldn’t believe real milk came out of the mom…and from there. :)

When they got home from dinner they gave us a call and we brought Lea home. We also made a strawberry cheesecake and this Peach Crunch Cake for dessert. It turned out to be a pretty nice night and I’m hoping that I’ll get to babysit again real soon! 

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Lea is just so cute. Her yawn looks like she's trying to whistle. 11 lbs how lucky! Noah was 11.3 at birth and Mitch was only about 2 lbs less. Landon is soo cute, gotta remember all those conversations.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...