Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow Photo’s

I suppose the snow theme is getting old for everyone, but since we are snowbound I really don’t have much to talk about. My days are pretty much consumed with snow; cleaning it up, wiping up tracks, washing and drying clothes, listening to the news about the storm…you get the idea.

This was the first night of the storm and I waited until about 10pm to get this picture. I just love how you can see all of the snow coming down! This is how it looked outside for about 2 days straight. It was so windy that first night I swore our tree was going to break the window on the side of the house, but we got lucky and nothing happened. Luckier still, we never lost power and that is something I am extremely thankful for!

IMG_9043

This next photo is what we woke up to on Saturday morning. I couldn’t believe how piled up it was on the back porch and railing! Poor Ginger wasn’t happy when she saw all that snow either and we had to dig her a small path just to go out to do her business!

IMG_9047 

The next two photos aren’t the best but I wanted to get some pictures of all the birds we had attracted to our yard with the bird feeder. The pictures are taken through the window and sliding glass door because every time I opened the door they would all fly off. We probably had 40 birds in our yard at a time…some eating from the feeder, some eating what fell to the ground and several taking shelter on the bare branches of the trees.

IMG_9056 IMG_9087 

These last two are of the igloo the kids were able to build in the front yard. I couldn’t believe it when I came out and Landon and Zoe were both sitting in it!

IMG_9095IMG_9099

4 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Great photos Angela! I especially like the one with the cardinal. I don't mind snow photos, since I'm from Wisconsin I'm a bit partial to the beauty of snow. :D

Diana Joy said...

oh my gosh...amazing photos. Your poor doggy. I love the pic of the Cardinal. I've never seen one in person. Hope you have power and the snow melts away fast.

KellyCali said...

Great, great photos! You're making miss the snow! (just a little) 88 degrees where I'm at! LOL! :)

And_ro_meda said...

So beautifull snow pictures..

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...