Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Glimpse

First, I want to tell you about a conversation I overheard Landon and a couple of his friends having in the kitchen this afternoon. It went something like this:

Friend 1: I don’t believe everything my friend tells me because he said that if you have ringworm you will grow an eye in your cheek.

Landon: Wow! That would be cool!

Friend 2: What if you did grow an eyeball on your cheek! That would be so cool!

Landon: What if you grew an eyeball on your butt? That would be funny!

Friend 2: What if you grew a bunch of eyeballs, like one on your butt and one in your armpit!

Friend 1: That’s kind of gross! But it would be cool!

By this time they are all laughing pretty hard about their ideas…and I couldn’t help but laugh too. It’s so funny what these kids think of sometimes!

Anyways, that wasn’t what I was planning on posting about today, so here is the page I had ready to post:

IMG_9573

About a month or so ago I found some 12x12 page protectors that were separated into 6 4x6 pockets. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can see what I mean here.) I didn’t have a plan for them, but when I started looking through all of the sonogram photo’s I had lying around I just didn’t know how to incorporate them into a traditional layout.

Then, I remembered the pocket pages…and my first sonogram layout was born! I like that there is room for each picture and then also a spot for journaling and a title. This felt like it went together really easily; so easily in fact that I have a few more pages just like this to share in the next few days. All my sonogram photos are scrapped already and I’ve got some more of these page protectors on my list of things to pick up at the store later in the week. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...