Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Plant Cell Project

Over the holiday break Landon had a project to do for school. They are currently learning about plant and animal cells, and they had to create a 3-D model of one of the two cells. Landon chose the plant cell, and we had a good time finding things around the house to build his model.

IMG_3193

I think the best part of his project was the nucleus that he modeled out of clay and a rubber ball he had in his room. He used almonds for the chloroplast, rolled paper for the mitochondrion and foil for the vacuole. It turned out to be a pretty good project and I think he actually learned quite a bit in doing it!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...