Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Built-In’s

I know it’s been awhile since my last post, but life’s been crazy around here. Nothing major going on, just the usual, but I haven’t had any steam left at night in order to blog, so it just took a backburner there for a bit. Hopefully I will be able to get back to posting regularly, but if not, then just know that we are all doing fine, just living life and keeping busy.

Last week we had a major home improvement project finished. We knew when we moved into this house that one of our front rooms was going to turn into a library. It just seemed like the right kind of room for a library and we both really loved the one that my parents had when they lived in South Carolina the first time; so much so that I based the entire design of our bookcases on what theirs had looked like.

Anyways, last week the contractor finally came out to install them. They are gorgeous, and we are so incredibly happy with the way they turned out!

Here’s a quick progression of the room:

This was taken when we first moved in. Ignore the junk, but notice the floor to ceiling mirrors. Yuck.

IMG_0999

Mirrors removed and walls painted.

IMG_5721

Base unit’s.

IMG_5723

Base and shelving units installed.

IMG_5724

Everything but the handles.

IMG_5727

With some books…still no handles. (Handles should be installed on Friday this week.)

IMG_5785

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...