Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beating the Heat

It’s 100 degrees here today. Only June 1st and it’s already miserable hot. I knew it was going to be nasty out this afternoon, so I brought Harper out on his new swing first thing this morning…well, maybe not first thing, but since he was up at 5am, we were out there pretty early! IMG_6097

Can you tell how sleepy he is? See how his left eye is slightly droopy…that’s a sleepy eyeball right there. With each push, his eyes would get a little heavier, but since it was only about 7:30 in the morning, I kept talking to him to keep him awake.

IMG_6098

See how droopy his eyes are now? He never made a sound either. He just sucked on that binkie and held on for dear life.

IMG_6103

Harrrrperrr. Harrrrrrrrperrrrrrrrr. Stay awake little guy, we have to take your brother to school before you can have a nap. Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….

IMG_6107

That’s how I kept him awake until 8am when it was time to head to the bus. Only once we got to the bus stop Landon and I realized that he wasn’t wearing the right clothes because today is his band concert. Ugh. So, we turned around and headed back home so that he could change (just like last week for the chorus concert).

I am in serious need of summer vacation…my mind is already there and I’m sure that’s why I can’t remember all these important events! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...