Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School Eve

Today was such a beautiful day.

I don’t know if it was the weather or the fact that it’s the final day of summer vacation, but either way, the sky seemed amazingly blue, the breeze felt perfect, and the shade was just shady enough.

We celebrated by swinging at a nearby park. 

IMG_8027

IMG_8030

Poor Zoe wasn’t really feeling up to it, but she came with us anyways. She had soccer practice earlier in the morning and when she came home she told me someone had kicked the ball in her direction when her back was turned and it hit her on the side of her face. She said she felt a little dizzy afterwards and that she had a headache, so we were a little concerned about a concussion. I ended up calling the doctor and they told me to keep an eye on her and to have her take it very easy for the rest of the day. Take it easy meaning, no texting, computer, video games or even reading! (Of course she wasn’t supposed go to the park either, but when we went to the park she just sat, no playing for her!) After a little bit she said her headache was gone and she’s been acting fine all day, so I think we’re in the clear, but I’ll be watching her nonetheless!

IMG_8034

After swinging we headed over to the empty baseball field so Harper could run around and explore. He immediately found a pinecone and a stick, but I didn’t let him hold the stick much after taking this picture because he’s still too clumsy and I just can’t imagine him falling on something like a stick…gross and ouch. But, he sure enjoyed that stick for the few minutes he had it!

IMG_8036

I have no idea what Landon is doing in this next picture, but there is seldom a moment that he isn’t doing something funny. For instance, tonight at dinner we were talking about carpentry being a really good and necessary job back in the “olden” days and he said “You mean someone that puts carpet in your house?”. He was serious and I thought that was just too funny!

IMG_8041

Happy Monday!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...