Today I turned 35 years old.
So, in honor of me, my five on Friday will be all about me. :)
- The picture above was taken this morning with my cell phone. I have that dumb look on my face because I am absolutely terrible at taking a self portrait, even with a small phone. I don’t know how people just hold up their phones and snap away and get great pictures. I’ll probably never understand it.
- Every birthday morning, I wake up feeling a little depressed. I don’t know why though, because getting older has been pretty awesome so far.
- I had a friend ask me if I had any special plans for my birthday today. I started to tell her that no, I really didn’t, but I stopped to think about that and this is the response I gave in the end: Let's see...I got up super early to hold my baby and feed him his morning bottle, then watched my husband leave for work, my daughter make a run for her bus (running late, again) then walk my 5th grader to his bus. Once everyone was gone I took a long walk around my neighborhood while Harper babbled to me from his stroller; came home for some breakfast and a shower and now am waiting on my husband to get here so we can go out for lunch in a little bit. All that probably sounds pretty lame, but I couldn't be happier...and all these birthday wishes and knowing that a few people thought of me today makes my day just that much sweeter.
- Tony left work early so that we could go out to lunch together. When he got home he had a card for me, and it was so sweet, I actually got teary eyed reading it. Inside the card were two homemade vouchers; one was for a trip to the Apple store to get an iPad 2 and the other was to Pandora to pick out a piece of jewelry. I was so freaked out by having to choose between the two I started sweating. I mean, how in the world would I choose between those two? I ended up going with the iPad though because Tony told me if I didn’t get the jewelry now, he’d have an idea for Christmas. So, I figured it was a win-win for me either way!
- Zoe and Landon were really sweet and went out and picked up some flowers and dessert for me tonight. Zoe said it was a good thing she had her license because if she didn’t, she wouldn’t have been able to get me anything!
All in all today was as close to a perfect birthday as it could get. I got to spend time with my kids and husband and felt a lot of love from all those old friends of mine. I am just incredibly thankful to have all these wonderful people in my life, and I am looking forward to another wonderful year.