Monday, April 23, 2012

My Favorite Part of Spring

It’s been exactly a week since I last blogged. I thought about blogging every night, but only for a second or two before I fell fast asleep…

I love when my family visits because it’s a nice change of routine for us. The kids enjoy the extra attention and I appreciate the extra hands. (My mom can attest to that since I worked her butt off the entire time she was here! I think she enjoyed it though…)

One thing Mom and I did a lot of was choosing plants for my containers outside. I got all of them filled (I did they buying, she did the planting) and looking pretty.

I love seeing this outside my house when I pull into the driveway. It’s so welcoming and cheery. (Unlike our weather this week! It’s barely hitting 50 degrees today…BRRRR!)

IMG_2298

Mom thought it might be a fun idea to use some succulents in the rain barrel this year. We’re not sure if they’ll make it outside or not, but they sure look cute!

IMG_2300

I have two of these ceramic planters sitting on my deck and in the past I’ve planted snap-dragons in them, but this year I wanted something a little different.

IMG_2309

I also have several large planters sitting on the deck and I wanted lots of variety this year, so every planter is a little different. This year I didn’t try to stick with particular groups of colors either. I just bought what caught my eye and mixed it all up. No color or shape was off limits…and that is totally my style.

IMG_2310

I’ve got quite a few more planters/flower photo’s to share, but I’ll save those for another post!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...