Monday, May 7, 2012

Where the Party’s At

I am exhausted. It’s been such a busy couple of weeks for me, and I really don’t see any slowing down for months to come. I’m almost excited at the prospect of giving birth and having to be in bed for a whole 24 hours just so I can relax! Of course I realize that’s stupid because giving birth and being in a hospital is anything but relaxing…but, I really am going to need some downtime soon because I’m feeling pretty anxious about all that I have to accomplish in the next couple of months.

I did get on the phone today and call about having Zoe’s graduation party at our neighborhood pool. I was happy to find out that there are already several families planning a pool party for the seniors and that it would be catered and that Zoe is welcome to invite anyone she wishes if she chooses to do it on the date they’re planning. I’m hoping this will work out because it sounds like it’d be a ton of fun and LOTS of kids will be there…I’m waiting to talk to her about it more when she gets home tomorrow and then we’ll finally be able to get the ball rolling with her party.

Landon has decided he likes my “camping” party idea and I’m making plans for that as well. I’ll feel much better when I get the invitations made and sent out, but I’ve got some plans brewing in my mind, thanks to Pinterest. I’d like to have his party before school lets out like I’ve done for the past few years, so I’ve really gotta get my crap together already.

I’ve also got Harper’s party to plan for August, and I know I have plenty of time, but since I’ll be having the baby in July I feel like I need to have a head start on his party too. His won’t be a huge deal, just family again this year, but he only turns 2 once…

Another huge thing on our agenda is getting our basement finished so that Zoe can have a room to come home to when she needs a weekend away from college. We got the quote today and I nearly cried. I don’t know where we will end up going with this whole thing, but I’d like to have a nursery for the new baby AND have somewhere nice for Zoe to stay when she’s home.

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...