When It’s Hot Out

The minute Tony got home from work tonight, Landon started asking if we could walk down to the pool. It was incredibly hot today, 100+ so it did seem like a good time to go. So, we slapped on some sun block and suits and off we went.

A couple weeks ago I picked up a maternity bathing suit at Target and today was the first day I actually wore it. I just never felt like I could justify the price of a bathing suit I’d only wear once or twice…but, it’s been so darn hot I just ripped that tag off and went for it!

Harper actually spent some time in the pool this time too, so Tony and I weren’t just following him around the whole time. It was so nice to go down there and cool off after such a long day. My body needed the relaxation and I only hope it translates to a good nights sleep for me. Just the short amount of time we spent out there made me feel so relaxed.

It was also nice that since I was getting in the water Tony and I could take turns playing with each boy. Sometimes Landon has friends at the pool, but today he didn’t know anyone there, so Tony and I took turns playing with him or shuttling Harper around in the water.

As usual, Landon had lots tricks to show me, so I got out and grabbed the camera to catch a few.

The Perfect Handstand

IMG_3817

Sitting on the Bottom

IMG_3822

Lying on the Bottom (sort of)

IMG_3822

Just before we packed up to go, Harper discovered the water fountain, one of his favorite things ever. He loves him some “co wa-wa” aka cold water.

IMG_3834

On the way out of the pool I decided to get a quick pic with my phone so that I would have proof that I did actually wear a maternity bathing suit in public!

073

It was worth every penny.

Comments

Popular Posts