Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Canvas Art

I’ve been meaning to post about Dakota’s room, but I keep forgetting for one reason or another. 

Her room was a big conglomeration of little projects. I really like to make things and I’ve seen a ton of cute ideas on Pinterest, so instead of buying everything, I got to work.

Of all the projects I made myself, the altered canvas’ were my favorite. They were easy to do (once I decided what I was going to do!) and a lot of fun.The first one I did was nothing more than sunshine and flowers. I had a new flower punch that I was dying to use and this seemed the perfect project to try it out. I spray painted the canvas’ first, then using my punches, scissors, cricut and other supplies created the designs.

IMG_3897

IMG_3893

IMG_3895

IMG_3894

The next canvas was based on a design I had seen online (I couldn’t find it anywhere after the first time I saw it!!) and wanted to replicate. I picked up a 3 dimensional butterfly punch and decided that was going to be my second canvas. It’s probably my least favorite of the three I made, but I’m okay with it. It was really hard to figure out the placement of the butterflies and how many to make…and I still don’t love how the butterfly’s are placed.

 IMG_3912

IMG_3914

I was having a really hard time thinking of a third design, but luckily my mom was here and she helped me think of the next one. I used my cricut to cut out the little girl and dog, and a punch for the balloons. I used twine for the balloon strings.

IMG_4923

IMG_4384

These are all hung above her dresser and make me happy every time I’m in her room. Hopefully they will make her happy when she’s older too.

IMG_4946

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...