Thursday, September 27, 2012

National Zoo

The weather has been so beautiful here lately. Fall is really my favorite time of year, and I just love these cool mornings and warm afternoons. We took advantage of the weather this past Saturday with a trip to the national zoo.

Zoe and Brandon were going to take the metro down on their own, but once Tony and I decided we were going to take the other kids too, we all just piled in the van and headed out. The drive down took forever because of traffic, and when we got there all the parking lots to the zoo were full! We didn’t really know what to do, so Tony let us all out to walk around the zoo while he found a parking spot, and somehow he got lucky and found one almost immediately.

Since we’d been in such a hurry to get out when Tony dropped us off, I ended up leaving my camera in the van. Unfortunately, Tony didn’t realize I’d left it behind so I didn’t have my camera for the first few exhibits we visited. I ended up using my cell phone to take pictures until we got close enough to the parking lot and Tony ran to get it for me. He’s awesome like that. The following pics are from my cell…and they’re pretty decent!

006

008

012

010

Once we hit the monkey’s I had my camera, and these are some of the shots I got using it:

IMG_5295

IMG_5317

IMG_5333

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5385

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Harper’s favorite animal of the day was definitely the elephant. He just thought it was so funny to watch the elephant kick up dirt and walk around. He even used his trunk to drink and spray some water around…he was pretty entertaining!

IMG_5361

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5364

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That particular day, there happened to be some beautiful and extremely rare animals out and about. I made sure to get photo’s of them as well.

IMG_5339

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5340

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5376

IMG_5342

IMG_5343

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Those are some pretty good looking animals, huh?

We all had a pretty nice day at the zoo, and I think we’ll have to go back again in the spring to see if the giraffe exhibit is finished. The past few times we’ve been it’s been under construction.

PS. Did you notice the look on Landon’s face in the photo’s? He wasn’t mad or anything, that’s just his new “look” when I try to get a picture of him. He’s such a preteen these days…

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...