Thursday, February 21, 2013

Protected

This is what lunch time looks like at my house.

2013-02-21 001 2013-02-21 007

I’m never lacking for company, and there is usually some type of entertainment; sometimes good, other times, not so much.

Today, when I had to leave the table to get something forgotten in the kitchen, an impromptu game of peek-a-boo started. I was peeking around the wall and getting giggles from both kids when Harper said “You can’t get me!” which of course meant I had to get him. So, using my monster voice I ran over, gave tickles and then went back to the peeking and booing. After a few rounds of the monster voice and tickles, when I looked around the corner, Harper was holding Dakota’s hand. (She was desperately trying to get his finger in her mouth, but that’s really not a part of the story.) When I asked him why he was holding her hand, he told me he was protecting her and she was protecting him!

2013-02-21 001 2013-02-21 009

What a good big brother he’s turning out to be!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...