Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Strawberry Cupcakes with Cheesecake Filling

Pinterest strikes again!

I saw these cupcakes on Pinterest and just had to give them a try. To me, they looked delicious despite being made with a strawberry cake mix. (I am not a huge strawberry fan, and the last strawberry cake I had was really yucky.) I had planned on making them for Tony for Valentine’s Day, but with the other million things I had going on, it just didn’t happen. (Tony happens to really love strawberry flavored stuff, so these really were intended for him.)

But, I was determined, and finally got around to it this past weekend.

2013-02-19 001 2013-02-18 002

They were surprisingly easy to make, and they were even better tasting than I had imagined they’d be.

2013-02-19 001 2013-02-18 008

I think the cheesecake centers cut some of the strawberry flavor and really made them delicious. I sent most of them to work with Tony and he said they were gone in the first hour of setting them out. So, I guess it’s safe to say these were a winner and a recipe I’ll likely be making again!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...