Thursday, February 7, 2013

Unexpectedly Nice

As far as days go, today rocked. I can’t pinpoint what made today any better than others, but it just was. The babies were happy, I was happy, Tony and Landon were happy. It was just, good. I don’t mean that today was perfect, just unexpectedly nice.

I guess I didn’t expect it to be so nice because we didn’t have anything planned for the day. I always wake up with a little dread when I know we’ll be staying home for the day, just because it means I’ll have to work that much harder to keep the babies happy and entertained. But, the day just passed with such ease that I don’t even remember looking at the clock until it was nearly 11am. That’s a record for me since I believe I start checking the time around 8am or so most days. :)

Neither baby took a great nap today, so it isn’t like I had a ton of free time or anything, but that didn’t dampen my mood either. We just picked up where we left off before naptime and that was that. Once Tony got home we hung out until it was time to get Landon from the bus stop and take him to his orthodontist appointment. Since his appointment was right around dinner time, we decided we’d all just go to the appt. and then grab a bite to eat somewhere afterwards. We ended up at Noodles and Company for three reasons:

  1. They were close by.
  2. They are kid-friendly.
  3. They are fast.

Dinner time went smoothly, and that is pretty huge considering we had a 7 month old, 2 year old and 11 year old with us. They were all on their best behavior and it made for a nice, relaxing meal. We got home at 6:30pm and Dakota was so ready to get her bath and go to bed! That little girl was just incredibly tired…she was in bed asleep at 7:10pm!

It’s day’s like this one that make me realize just how good I have it, and I just needed to write it down so that when I’m having a rough day I can remember that it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...