Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Story about Story Time

2013-03-27 001 2013-03-27 002

I decided yesterday that we were definitely going to story time this morning. It’s been awhile since we’ve been able to go but we didn’t have anything else planned for the day so I thought why not?

Our library isn’t running story time this month, but another library about 15 minutes away is so we went there. We got there about 10 minutes early because I figured that would give Harper a little time to play before story time began. What I didn’t know was that there was no play area. Oops. Luckily, Harper is always happy to look at books, so we just did that until I heard an announcement that story time was starting. We were making our way back to the meeting room when I thought I smelled something yucky. Upon further inspection I knew that Dakota was in need of a diaper change.

Once we finished up in the bathroom (I was SOOOO thankful it didn’t require an entire outfit change!) we headed into the reading area. Harper was ahead of me and since he wasn’t sure where to go he stopped just inside the doorway and sat down ready to hear some stories. Literally right in the doorway which meant that I couldn’t push my huge stroller into the room without running the risk of rolling right over top him or some other unlucky toddler. After asking Harper to move 50 times, he finally did and as everyone stared at the moron mom with her three kids (Landon had to suffer with me this morning) we found a spot to sit and fade into the wall.

Story time went off without a hitch and both the littles were very good. Landon sat behind us like he didn’t know us and played on his iPod. I don’t blame him.

Once we got home things went berserk for a little bit and then there was a nice calm before lunch and nap time. It was like the calm before the storm. Or calm after the storm. The storm which included a tornado, hurricane and volcano eruption.

I did learn something though. I learned that after a crazy, stressful morning the last thing I want to do is take them all to do something “fun” like bowling.

Nope, not today.

Today, as soon as Tony gets here, I’m going shopping. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...