Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

I love any excuse to eat Mexican food so today was a good day in my book!

We had enchiladas, nachos and rice for dinner. I, for some reason, thought it’d be a good time to try making margarita’s. I’ve never had one before, so I figured what the heck.

2013-05-05 001 2013-05-05 005

I have to say though that I didn’t really care for it. I don’t know if it’s the stuff I used to make it, how I made it or what, but it wasn’t my favorite. I may try making it again because I still have plenty of stuff, but we’ll see.

Dinner was fabulous though, so not all was lost. I also made a cream puff cake that I’d had once before at a Pampered Chef party many years ago. I got half way through making it and realized I was short an ingredient. Ughh! I hate when that happens! Luckily, Zoe was nice and when and picked it up for me. The dessert turned out wonderfully and was delicious!

We’ve had decent weather all weekend and spent a lot of time in and out doors. We took the kids to a park right around the corner last night to let them blow off some steam. We played on the swings and slides and then went to the field to kick soccer balls and run around. Harper was in heaven out there! Zoe and Landon enjoyed passing the ball and Dakota was fascinated with pulling the grass out of the ground and attempting to eat it. I didn’t feel like lugging my camera or even my phone around though, so there are no pictures…just the ones in my head…

The picture below is probably my favorite from the weekend though. I just love that Harper was out there helping his dada.

 2013-05-05 001 2013-05-03 002

A close second would be this one:

2013-05-05 001 2013-05-04 001

Landon was sitting at the table working on math homework and Harper climbed up to do his “homework”. :)

Can’t believe the weekends over already…hope you had a good one!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...