Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lanny’s 12th

2013-07-10 001 2013-07-10 004

I was a week late in posting about Dakota’s first birthday and I’m feeling quite guilty about that, but I didn’t want to make things worse by waiting to post about Landon’s day, so here it is.

Landon had his birthday party at the beginning of June, so today was just a small family affair. He had to go to Huntington this morning for his regular tutoring session, but other than that, the day was his to do as he wanted, which means he spent the afternoon playing Mine Craft. :)

I asked him what he’d like to have for dinner and he chose Noodles and Company. He just loves to go there and get a big bowl of buttered noodles…such a Landon thing. Since he’s not a huge cake fan, I let him decide which cake he’d like. He ended up choosing a Cookies and Cream cake that I’ve made a few times before…and man was it delicious!

2013-07-10 001 2013-07-10 007

He got a couple nice gifts and that was about it, until the phone started ringing off the hook!

First my sister called to wish him a Happy Birthday. No sooner had they hung up and the phone rang again and it was Uncle Kyle. Just after speaking with him, Papa called, then Jaron and finally Meme. Landon was just beaming! He said he thought it was really nice of them to call him to wish him a happy day. The icing on the cake though (haha) had to be when the phone rang one final time and we could hear all the dogs barking in the background! How many people can say that they were wished a special day by 5 barking dogs?! Not many!

One more year until we reach the teen years. Unbelievable. I sure hope this boy knows how much he’s loved. He is crazy funny and terribly sweet and he holds a very special place in my heart.

I love you, kiddo. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...