Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Nature Jars

After today’s Halloween Party, we were pooped. Dakota took a long nap while Harper relaxed and I put away all the leftover party stuff.

After I drove Landon to Huntington, the two littles, Tony and I went on a nature hunt. We were looking for all kinds of nature to make autumn nature jars.

Harper and I talked a little bit about what “nature” was and he happily looked for different things outside. It didn’t last too long and before I knew it I was pushing Dakota in the swing and Harper was jumping on the trampoline…

Somehow we got back to the reason we went out in the first place though, and it wasn’t too long before we had enough to make interesting jars.

IMG_9941

We gathered rocks, leaves, berries, sticks, pinecones and flowers. Once we got everything inside we put our treasures into the jars. Dakota had one and Harper had the other. We added a little oil to the jars and then filled them up to the top with water. Once the jar was full we added a few drops of red and yellow food coloring…and voila, autumn nature jars.

2013-10-28 001 2013-10-28 008

I think they’ll enjoy looking at these tomorrow when the sun’s shining through the jars and they can see the different things shifting around inside.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...