Friday, October 4, 2013

Just a Catch Up Post

It’s 7am and both of the little’s are still sleeping. It’s like Christmas morning for me! I guess now is a good time to attempt writing since my nights have been so crazy busy this week…

Watching the squirrels

2013-10-02 001 2013-10-02 005

After working at the preschool on Tuesday, I came home and got Dakota down for her nap, got lunch together for Harper and I and then settled down with him on the couch for some time on the iPad. We hadn’t been sitting there long when all of a sudden he let out a loud giggle. It was then that I realized I’d fallen asleep. When I asked him what he was giggling about he told me I had snored! Haha! I might have slept for about 3 minutes but that one little snore had Harper cracking up and I was awake again after that! It’s scary how fast I can fall asleep in the middle of the day when I’m tired.

Sleepy baby in the car.

2013-10-02 001 2013-10-02 007

Wednesday Harper had his Rolly Polly date with Mema and Dakota and I went to the park to hang with the some mom’s and kids from the Mom’s club. She fell asleep on the way there (very unusual for her) and I waffled on whether or not to get her out of the car or just turn around and go home. I decided to get her out to play because I figured the minute I got her home she’d be up and then I’d wish we were a the park to play…she slept in my arms for about 10 minutes and then woke up and was ready to go. She just popped her head up and started saying “hi” to everyone around. Smile

Wednesday night I got to go out to dinner with some friends. It doesn’t happen often but it was a night that worked for everyone so off we went. We sat and ate and talked for hours. I didn’t get home until around 9:30pm which is late for me considering I’m up relaxing in bed by that time most nights! It was so much fun to see them all though and we’ve already got our next hot date planned for November.

Yesterday was a typical busy Thursday. Harper had preschool and Dakota had Rolly Pollies. (FYI, it is now 8:30pm and I’m just getting back to this!) It’s been nice having an hour to spend watching Dakota do her thing. She’s completely fearless when it comes to the equipment. She just goes for it. She loves the trampoline and all the obstacles they set up each week. She’s not really into the moon bounce, but it’s mostly because she doesn’t like when all the other kids are in there. She’d be happy to have it to herself.

I got a little video:

After Pollies we have about half an hour to waste before getting Harper. Since the weathers so nice we usually just go to his school and get out and sit on the sidewalk until we hear them lining up. I don’t know what we’ll do once the weather gets colder. We’ll figure it out as we go I suppose. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...