Monday, January 13, 2014

Bloomin’ Babies

I took the two little kids to the library today for “Babies in Bloom”. There are songs and stories and lots and lots of babies. It was a tough pill to swallow when I realized that my two “babies” were some of the oldest there. I think Harps was the oldest of all of them…gulp.

At one point near the end, the librarians came around with a basket full of rattles of all sorts. Each child was able to choose one to shake along with the final song. When the song was over the librarian put on a marching song and asked that the kids march over and put their rattle in the basket. Well, Dakota wasn’t about to go up there and give up her rattle to some strange lady, so I suggested that Harper hold her hand and help her return her rattle. He walked up to her and grabbed her little hand in his and he made his way to the front with his little sister in tow! It was the cutest thing I think I’ve ever seen! He came running back without her though, and when I reminded him that he’d left her up there, he turned right back around and went and grabbed her hand again and led her back to me. It was incredibly sweet!

                                                                                                                         

I’ve got pictures to share of the fourth and final gift my mom made for Christmas this year. Her gift to Zoe; an earring/necklace/bracelet holder.

IMG_7977

Cute, isn’t it?

IMG_7979

She even made her some jewelry to go with it! I’m not going to post pictures of all of them, but here are a couple favorites.

IMG_7981

IMG_7982

And, here’s an owl keychain she made her too!

IMG_7985

I’d say my mom really outdid herself with the presents this year. I just love everything she came up with, and I know the recipients were pleased as well. There’s just nothing quite like a homemade gift!

                                                                                                                         

Both little kids were running a fever this afternoon. I could tell something was up with Dakota the minute I looked at her eyes. They just didn’t seem to have that sparkle they normally do. Harper has been coughing for a couple of days so I knew he wasn’t feeling 100% either. Zoe’s got a cold too, so she’s not feeling great either. I’m going to head to bed now with fingers crossed that everyone gets a good nights rest and that they all wake up feeling better. Good night!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...