Friday, February 21, 2014

Five On Friday

  1. Harper has been up at or before 6:30am this entire week. This morning, while I was in the shower, he came into the bathroom without my knowing and scared the devil out of me! Our shower door is frosted so you can only see silhouettes through it and when I opened my eyes and saw him right outside my door it freaked me out! Because he’s up so early he’s been a tyrant at night too…I sure hope this isn’t the beginning of a new thing for him.
  2. Dakota is a total momma’s girl these days. It’s been this way for awhile now really, her wanting me all the time. It doesn’t bother me and I love to hold her but it sure does make doing anything solo difficult. She does fine when I’m not around, but if I’m there, she comes to me before anyone else. I remember this with Harper too, and honestly, he’s still that way too. They love their dada too, but when they need something, I’m usually the one they go to. :)
  3. Harper has needed a lot of holding this week. He’ll just be doing something and all of a sudden he’ll say “I just want you to hold me”. Of course I stop whatever I’m doing to hold him…I know the days of holding my baby boy are slowly disappearing.
  4. Landon is grounded from everything this weekend. He got in trouble because he didn’t turn in a school project, a project that he’d mostly finished. When I asked him where it was he pretended like he didn’t know what I was talking about and I got really angry and grounded him. I’m up to HERE with his irresponsibility and uncaring attitude about school. So, I grounded him from video games, TV and friends and I’ve taken his iPod hostage as well. It’s going to be one LOOOONG weekend!
  5. We had decent weather today and the two kids and I spent about 2 hours outside. It’s still very wet out and there are patches of snow everywhere still, but we took a long walk, splashed in puddles, found sticks and leaves, used our magnifying glass and just spent a long time enjoying the great outdoors. It’s a good thing we did too because as I put Koko down for her nap a storm blew in and everything got another thorough soaking.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...